Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Overlay Navigation for ACL

Level 3

I'd like to hide the 'Tools' navigation for only a single user group.

I created an overlay for /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools under /apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools; then added a deny ACL for the navigation item like so: /apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools/rep:policy/deny. The reason for doing this is so that next time we upgrade our instance, the ACLs would remain.

When I log in as a user in the specific user group, I am still able to view the Tools menu. My assumption was that the overlaid items would take precedence over the content under /libs.

Any advice here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It should be doable. Let my try to reproduce in the next day on my own box. What AEM version are you using?

Jörg

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

You should use the sling Resource Merger to hide the node instead of overlaying it:

Using the Sling Resource Merger in AEM

Jörg

Level 3

Thanks, but how do you limit that to only the specific user group?

Employee Advisor

If you make that node only visible to this user group?

Level 3

I'd like to have the Tools menu accessible to all users/groups, however for one group, not have the Tools menu appear at all.

I attempted to do this by creating the ACL here but the menu is still visible:

/apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools/rep:policy/deny

I know that if I do this under the /libs area, Tools will not appear for the user group, but I'm trying to avoid having the ACL located there.

I'm guessing that this can't be done?

Level 2

Hey @Gunars_Vilcins @Jörg_Hoh I exactly want to do this. Did we manage to get this done? If yes, could you please help me with the steps please?

Employee Advisor

Just re-reading this: That path belongs to classic UI, and there you have to set the ACL into /libs, and there's no other way. With TouchUI you can work with renderconditions to conditionally display elements of the UI.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It should be doable. Let my try to reproduce in the next day on my own box. What AEM version are you using?

Jörg