Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

OSGI nodes configured in apps not reflecting properly

Level 2

Hi

I want to prevent few properties from replicating in LiveCopy. I have followed the below documentation  http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/multi_site_manager.html#Excluding Properties and Node Types From Synchronization . 

But since I need to create a OSGI node in my project structure I followed the following link http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/configuring_osgi.html#OSGi Configuration in the Repository 

Steps Followed

1. Created node with name com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory under config node in apps/<myproject>
  2. Added the property cq.wcm.msm.action.excludedprops and value <propertyname> to be excluded

But the properties are not updating in system/console/configMgr. Still the property is getting copied on roll out

Any pointer on where I am making mistake 

Thanks In advance

Veena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

hi,

when the service is a factory service, the name of the osgiconfig node must include the factory service PID followed by -alias.

The alias is any unique name of your choosing, but dont' use the same alias twice :)

scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

hi,

when the service is a factory service, the name of the osgiconfig node must include the factory service PID followed by -alias.

The alias is any unique name of your choosing, but dont' use the same alias twice :)

scott

Level 2

Hi Scott

Thanks for the quick response. If I am not wrong, Factory Service means it will havae Factory PID, right ? But for CQ MSM Content Update Action, I could find only PID which is com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

Veena

Level 8

A factory service has a PID like any other service, so the osgiconfig node name would be something like com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory-myalias.

Try it and see...if it really is a factory (as the name indicates) then it should work.

scott

Level 2

Thanks a lot scott. That worked :)