Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

OSGi bundle configuration understanding?

Level 3

If I configure from OSGi bundle configuration console , configuration files is stored under "/apps/system/config" - - 
     1) Does the configuration under config folder is applied for both author and publish instances?
     2) If yes then how will they we connected?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

raghava joijode-324710 wrote...

If I configure from OSGi bundle configuration console , configuration files is stored under "/apps/system/config" - - 
     1) Does the configuration under config folder is applied for both author and publish instances?

Yes it applies to both. In case you want for specifically for author. Create a folder /apps/<projectName>/config.author & store the config there.

It is connected through run mode.  If no run mode specified /config applies to globally for all run mode.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3
Hi Vamsi, This explains how to configure, but my question is to know how there is relation between author instance and publish instance, and does the configuration made on author instance used for publish instance also?

Level 4

Hi, Raghava

1) Does the configuration under config folder is applied for both author and publish instances? ----- Yes (If no runmode specified.)

- First of all, these node will be created when you update your configurations through system console.

- If you configure one configuration in author instance doesn't mean that it will create node in publish instance. You can make a package and deploy it into publish. 

- These are not runmode specific. If you package them on author and deploy into publish instance, then the configuration on the publish instance will be updated with what you have on author. You can make configuration using runmode like config.author, config.publish to apply for specific runmode. 

- Without runmode specified the configurations are applied to any environment if they installed through package manager. 

- Use specific runmode to make different configuration available for publish and author. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Correct answer by
Level 9

raghava joijode-324710 wrote...

Yes it applies to both. In case you want for specifically for author. Create a folder /apps/<projectName>/config.author & store the config there.

It is connected through run mode.  If no run mode specified /config applies to globally for all run mode.