Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=nt:unstructured, superType=null

Level 4

Hi,  I am  seeing  below error for many of the content pages in logs. 

Enable JSON and Enable XML are selected for  DefaultGetServlet and I am using AEM 6.5 version.

GET /content/test/***********.html HTTP/1.1]org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=nt:unstructured, superType=null, path=/content/******/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/*****_copy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi, Check the "*****_copy"  component  rendering logic. What happens if you try to add only this component to a new page ? Is it rendering and are you getting any error for the new page ?   

It may happen that the old component was added to a page and later the component rendering  scripts  has changed but the old references has not changed in the old content page. 

Thanks,

Somen

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @vijitha 

Can you please check, if the rendering script, pointed via sling:resourceType for these components is available? Has the component been renamed/moved, but components added in old pages might still be referring to old location?

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi, Check the "*****_copy"  component  rendering logic. What happens if you try to add only this component to a new page ? Is it rendering and are you getting any error for the new page ?   

It may happen that the old component was added to a page and later the component rendering  scripts  has changed but the old references has not changed in the old content page. 

Thanks,

Somen

Level 4

Hi , I have added in new page It's working fine I dont see any error there.

Community Advisor

can you check the sling:resourceType for /content/******/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/*****_copy node and if its there the resourceType should also need to be available in your repository or code base with its .html files. there are situations in which either you renamed/deleted the refereed resourceType or has been moved to different location. AEM requires the sling resource type to render its script and if its not there then it will complain.

Level 4

Hi PrakashRaj,

Thanks for your reply.

Yah I don't see sling:resourceType /content/******/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/*****_copy for this node. I have this issue nearly for 1000 pages. How can we solve this.

Community Advisor

Since, you don’t have the sling:resourceType for this the content won’t be loading on the page so you need to decide if you want to keep this node or delete it. For any of the above change you need to write either custom script or servet to either update the node with sling:resourceType or delete the node that I can think of

Level 4

Thnak you so much  for your prompt help.

I feel It's better to delete the nodes since it is not loading in the pages. Do you have any sample code or link to write the scripr or servlet.