Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Oracle JDBC connection timed out issue when using Day commons JDBC connections pool

Level 4

I have a scenario in production for a web app, where when a form is submitted the data gets stored in 3 tables in Oracle DB through JDBC. Sometimes I am seeing connection time out errors in logs while the app is trying to connect to Oracle DB through Java code. This is intermittnent. I am using Day commons connections pool for this.

Below is the exception:

SQL exception while storing data in table java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: Connection timed out

Most of the times the web app is able to connect to data base and insert values in it but some times and I am getting this time out error and unable to insert data in it. I am not sure why am I getting this interimittent issue. Attached to this ticket is the connections pool screen shot.

Also since there are 3 tables where the data insertion occurs, we are doing the whole insertion in just one connection itself. We are not opneing each DB connection for each individual table.

I even added a validation query as well in the connections pool. But looks like its not working and still I am getting the connection time out error. Is there any issue/bug with the connections pool provided by Day Commons.

0 Replies