Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Options for adding a second Layout Container to an existing Editable Template

Level 2

Hi All,

I have an existing Editable Template in an AEM project which contains ONE Layout Container , as shown below in [Figure 1].

Am I right in thinking that either [Figure 2] or [Figure 3] are both valid options for adding a second Layout Container?

Thank you for your time.

[Figure 1] Structure of template with ONE Layout Container named "root" (with sling:resourceType shown in brackets)

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/initial/jcr:content/root (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/policies/jcr:content/root (wcm/core/components/policies/mapping)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/jcr:content
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/thumbnail.png

[Figure 2] Possible structure of template with TWO Layout Containers named "root" and "second-container" (with sling:resourceType shown in brackets)

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/initial/jcr:content/root (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/initial/jcr:content/second-container (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/policies/jcr:content/root (wcm/core/components/policies/mapping)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/policies/jcr:content/second-container (wcm/core/components/policies/mapping)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/second-container (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)

[Figure 3] Possible structure of template with TWO Layout Containers named "root" and "second-container" (with sling:resourceType shown in brackets)

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/initial/jcr:content/root/second-container (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/policies/jcr:content/root/second-container (wcm/core/components/policies/mapping)
/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root/second-container (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I can't see the images but if you are using two layouts containers
you should add two containers like

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root/container1

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root/container2

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I can't see the images but if you are using two layouts containers
you should add two containers like

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root/container1

/conf/my-template-folder/settings/wcm/templates/page-template/structure/jcr:content/root/container2

Arun Patidar