Expand my Community achievements bar.

OptionException when running '-unpack' for 5.6.1 to 6.1 upgrade

Level 1

Hi there!

I'm new to the community and also relatively new to AEM - so it's a bit of a challenge to already be confronted with Upgrading from 5.6.1 to 6.1.

I successfully run an upgrade on my local machine with a standard installation. Now I'm trying my best to do the same in a test-environment, which unfortunately does not exactly have a standard installation. One of the differences is, it doesn't have a crx-quickstart-directory. All the stuff from crx-quickstart is directly under "author" and "publish". I'm not sure if this could be the source of the problem.

So when I copy my aem-quickstart-6.1.0.jar to the author-directory and run java -jar aem-quickstart-6.1.0.jar –unpack (with Java 1.7.0_45), I get the following error message:

Loading quickstart properties: default

Loading quickstart properties: instance

org.apache.commons.cli2.OptionException: Unexpected –unpack while processing Use these options on the Quickstart command line.

at org.apache.commons.cli2.commandline.Parser.parse(Parser.java:99)

at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.<init>(Main.java:582)

at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.main(Main.java:940)

Quickstart: aborting

Unfortunately, I haven't found much about this in the internet and I run out of idead what to try to make it work.

Could anybody help me with some tips or ideas?

1 Reply

Level 2

I had the same issue, the problem was I copied and pasted the command from a document and it pasted the wrong type of dash.  It looked similar to the real dash but it was actually a different ascii code than what was needed.  Therefore just type the command manually if you want to be sure it's accurate.