Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Optimizing page loading by removing script inside html files

Level 7

Hi Team,

Currently I'm trying to reduce the page loading by removing internal script inside html files.Trying to achieve it by using helper template provided by AEM. There are parameters to pass from htl to external java script.To achieve it , I'm trying to use below way.

Passing parameters from htl to external js of the clientlib folder , the logic as below

Inside htl

<input type="hidden" attr-aa="${val_}" id="bb"/>

Inside external JS

var value = $(#bb).attr("attr-aa");

Problem is ${val_} is unique id. When I put multiple components(same component repeating) inside same page it is always getting same value which is on the top since this <input type="hidden" attr-aa="${val_}" id="bb"/> line is common to all the components on the same page . Is there any other way to achieve this ?

issue.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

You hardcoded the id attribute value id="bb". This way when you do $("#bb").(...) you will always get first element as id must be unique. Try below approch

add the attribute to component div. Example if you component is text then

<div class="cmp-text" data-attr-aa="${val_}">
</div>

cmp-text is component class, write Javascript for each component on page and get data-attr-aa value.

document.querySelectorAll(".cmp-text").forEach(text => {
	text.getAttribute("data-atte-aa");
});

Similarly can do using jQuery as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

You hardcoded the id attribute value id="bb". This way when you do $("#bb").(...) you will always get first element as id must be unique. Try below approch

add the attribute to component div. Example if you component is text then

<div class="cmp-text" data-attr-aa="${val_}">
</div>

cmp-text is component class, write Javascript for each component on page and get data-attr-aa value.

document.querySelectorAll(".cmp-text").forEach(text => {
	text.getAttribute("data-atte-aa");
});

Similarly can do using jQuery as well.

Level 7
This is the exact approach what I was looking. well explained !