Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Open Graph meta tags missing from page component V3

Level 3

We are upgrading our page component to version 3. When I test this locally, I notice the Open Graph meta tags are no longer present in our page source. The head.socialmedia.html file is gone in V3, and this seems to be what included it before. Is there a new include I need to apply, or do I need to create my own file to include? We are using AEM 6.5.12.0.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JonMaguire,

According to following information and commit:

Since version 2.18.0 head.socialmedia.html file has been removed, and Social Media Sharing option is deprecated. If you still need to use it, I can see following options:

1. Stay with v2 of page.
  2. use 2.17.14 version of Core Components - this is the last version that supports Social Media Sharing also in v3.
  3. create your own head.html that will refer to head.socialmedia.html  from v2.
  4. create your own head.html and custom mechanism that will handle head.socialmedia.html in similar way but it will be part of your app.
  5. accept the fact that head.socialmedia.html has been removed completely and use latest version of v3 implementation of page, according to the way how it was designed by Adobe - this will of course mean feature/functionality degradation on your end.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JonMaguire,

According to following information and commit:

Since version 2.18.0 head.socialmedia.html file has been removed, and Social Media Sharing option is deprecated. If you still need to use it, I can see following options:

1. Stay with v2 of page.
  2. use 2.17.14 version of Core Components - this is the last version that supports Social Media Sharing also in v3.
  3. create your own head.html that will refer to head.socialmedia.html  from v2.
  4. create your own head.html and custom mechanism that will handle head.socialmedia.html in similar way but it will be part of your app.
  5. accept the fact that head.socialmedia.html has been removed completely and use latest version of v3 implementation of page, according to the way how it was designed by Adobe - this will of course mean feature/functionality degradation on your end.

Level 3

Thanks, @lukasz-m.

I knew this was deprecated, but I was hoping in V3 there was an alternative similar to what @GabrielWalt wrote here, and I just missed it, but I guess that didn't make the cut. Thanks again.

Jon