Expand my Community achievements bar.

OOTB feature- "Mandatory Metadata Values are blocking save in Bulk Metadata Edit feature"

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have applied a custom metadata schema to a folder and filled in the required fields by navigating to the properties of the asset.

While selecting multiple assets from the folder and trying to edit the properties,  it is showing blank.

Please help me identify if this is an OOTB feature or not and how to overcome it ?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

The default behavior is that you can only edit properties for one asset at a time, even when selecting multiple assets. This is an out-of-the-box limitation in AEM's user interface.

To overcome this limitation and enable bulk editing of properties for multiple assets, you would need to develop a custom solution using AEM's APIs.

Level 2

Hi @ManviSharma 

I made a few fields in the metadata schema mandatory, and those are filled for all the assets.

But while choosing bulk editing of properties at that time, the mandatory field also showed blank.

Is it due to the same OOTB limitation?

Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor

@KaibalyaJena_123 

When you tried to Bulk Edit, did the empty fields have the same or different value? 

In case of different values, it makes sense to show them blank

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

At the time of bulk editing, the assets have the same value.

After saving the value, while trying to bulk edit the same asset, it is showing blank.

Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor

Hi @KaibalyaJena_123 ,

You should be able to apply the property when you select a single asset, this is the limitation from AEM side.