Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

OOTB archives not working

Level 2

Hi

I am using the OOTB blog feature without any change in the OOTB components like archives, categories etc. I have taken a local copy of the blog components under my project and using the same. But the issue I am facing is, when I am using archives, It is not rendering any list of pages . 

I wanted to know , for the OOTB archives to work, do we need to follow any particular page structure.?? Not sure whats preventing the archiving functionality

Thanks In Advance

Veena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please file official support request

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

WHat version of CQ are you using? 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please file official support request

Level 2

I am using 5.6.1 . My blog page structure is /content/<root_page>/en_us/blog

Level 2

Hi Sham

Thanks a lot. After little more research I could find that if the sling:resourceType of blog template is "social/blog/components/page" . Then only the archive is functioning. So if I want to have my own blog page, the archive functionality will not work.

Since I don't have credentials to raise an official ticket, it would be helpful if you can help me in that

Thanks

Veena

Level 10

Sorry veena there was a reason for not posting here. Please get any of your collegue who have access to reach for an official help on this.

Level 9

Hi Veena,

By saying "I have taken a local copy of the blog components under my project and using the same", if you mean that you copied components and/or templates from /libs/social/blog into /apps/<my-project>/social/blog, then you may have a typo in the resourceType or template properties so that the appropriate implementations are not being found.

If you look at the Geometrixx Outdoors blog example at 

/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/company/unlimited-blog/jcr:content

you will see

cq:template = /libs/social/blog/templates/page

What you don't see are any social/blog components or templates in /apps/geometrixx-outdoors.

While the blog feature has not changed much from AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.0, the blog documentation for 6.0 was slightly modified in a way that might be of help.

- JK