Expand my Community achievements bar.

OOTB 6.5 Tagging Functionality

Level 2

I work 90% of my time in Tags in AEM. The 6.5 upgrade greatly degraded the functionality and usability of tags. Tags are not alphabetical OOTB, it takes multiple clicks to see the status of a tag (published, deactivated, unpublished), unable to view a clean list of references or export a list of references where tag was applied, unable to view tags in a tree or list, unable to search tags in omnisearch unless in page properties applying tags. I have to manage them in Excel and then upload. I have to conduct a querybuilder to create an export to create custom views of the tags. It's a huge headache and incredibly manual. Why were Tags ignored in the 6.5 upgrade, is there a planned upgrade to bring back the functionality that was available in Classic? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee
This would be a great post to copy over to the Idea's section of Communities, so this feedback can be provided to AEM Product Management team.

Community Advisor

I think AEM 6.5 still supports the classic UI tag console. You can use the old classic UI view, or did I not understand your question correctly?

Level 2
I know that 6.5 still supports classic UI, however it's my understanding that Classic UI will be going away, and my co-workers have to apply tags in the Touch UI.