Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)'s Dispatcher is a Apache HTTP Web server module that provides a security and performance layer between the CDN and AEM Publish tier. Dispatcher is an integral part of the overall Experience Manager architecture and should be part of local development set up.
Prerequisites to set up local dispatcher for AEM as cloud (on Windows):
1. Install Experience Manager Publish Quickstart Jar on the local develop machine.
2. Install and start the latest version of Docker (Docker Desktop 220.127.116.11+ / Docker Engine v19.03.9+) on the local development machine.
Steps to Install Docker and start :
1. Download docker for windows from this link.
2. Run the .exe file downloaded.
3. After that docker desktop app will be installed in your system. Start your docker.
4. If you get below error, then open settings and uncheck Use the WSL 2 based engine and restart docker. You will see your Docker has started now.