Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

On selecting the Rich text editor(RTE)- special characters cursor is not moving forwards.

Level 2

I am trying to select the special characters from the RTE but when I select the special character the cursor is not moving forward because of which the next character is added in front of first character. 

In the below screenshot, first I have selected "£" next "—" and then "©".
So it should show up as "£—©" but since the cursor is not moving it is displayed as "©—£".

Below is the screenshot of the issue.

Junnu_ravali_0-1636719472679.png

Can someone please help me how to resolve the issue.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Junnu_ravali 
Can you please confirm what AEM version you are using and whether the richtext component is based on core component?

Please try extending from /apps/core/wcm/components/text/v2/text 

Also check out - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/operations/rich-text-edi...

Thanks

Level 2

Hi @Shubham_borole 
I am using AEM 6.5 and the sling:resourceType is  "cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext" and its a custom component.

Employee

Can also be seen in any Text component in AEM 6.5 using latest (2.17.14) WCM Core text component (/apps/core/wcm/components/text/v2/text).

It's a bug - SITES-1256