Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

IMS Env Admin group

Level 1

Hi community! Hope you are all fine.

Could you please help with the following case:

Goal:

I need to make a couple of IMS users Administrators on non-prod author servers.

Actions:

as advised in official docs, in IMS admin console I created a group, for example 'Non-prod admins (IMS)' and assigned 'AEM Administrators-xxx' and 'AEM Users-xxx' products for a couple of non-production environments.

Then I added users to my custom group ('Non-prod admins (IMS)').

Result:

users can access non-production environments (I believe thanks to group 'AEM Users-xxx'), BUT are not administrators there, although 'AEM Administrators-xxx' product was assigned to 'Non-prod admins (IMS)'  custom group.

Further investigation:

if I assign 'AEM Administrators-xxx' product directly to these users - they become administrators on respective environemnts. But it is not convenient to add individual products per each user.

Question:

should 'AEM Administrators-xxx' product be assigned only directly to users to make them admins on actual author servers?

or is there a way to make the 'AEM Administrators-xxx' products work via my custom group 'Non-prod admins (IMS)' as expected?

Regards,

IvanAkulenka

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies