Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

OAK Indexing | Custom Lucene index | AEM 6.3

Level 2

I am working on optimizing a query by indexing so that it will not traverse through all the nodes. I have created an index definition with the help of Oak Index Definition Generator.

XML of the index definition :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><jcr:root xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0">

<myIndex compatVersion="{Long}2" async="async" jcr:primaryType="oak:QueryIndexDefinition" evaluatePathRestrictions="{Boolean}true" type="lucene">

<indexRules jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<nt:base jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<properties jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<prop1 name="prop1" propertyIndex="{Boolean}true" jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" nullCheckEnabled="{Boolean}true"/>

<prop2 name="prop2" ordered="{Boolean}true" jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"/>

<prop3 name="prop3" propertyIndex="{Boolean}true" jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"/>

</properties>

</nt:base>

</indexRules>

</myIndex>

</jcr:root>

But it looks like there is something wrong with the configuration or the way I created the index definition. Could anyone help me out in configuring lucene index.

Below is the Xpath query that's been used to generate the index definition :

/jcr:root/content/xyz//*  [ (not(@prop1) or @prop1= 'false')  and ((@prop3= 'apps/components/pages/xyz' or @prop3= '/apps/mda/components/pages/abc'))  ] order by @prop2 descending

Please let me know if there's anything I am missing here.

5 Replies

Level 10

Please post a screenshot of where you setup your index.

Level 2

Please let me know if I am creating the index definition at the appropriate place, below is the screenshot.

1416693_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

In the GEMS webinar i posted above - they go into detail. I recommend watching that as well.