Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Oak Index Corrupted

Level 2

Hi,

I am using AEM 6.4. I see oak index got corrupted due to an improper shutdown of the AEM. And i started a re-indexing of lucene but it is taking a long time with these repeated logs in the error log. How long will the indexing take and also how to verify if its re-indexing.

17.05.2018 19:04:28.729 *INFO* [async-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate Marking [/oak:index/lucene] as corrupt. The index is failing since Thu May 17 16:11:40 UTC 2018 ,0 indexing cycles, failed 2074 times, skipped 0 time

17.05.2018 19:04:28.732 *INFO* [async-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate Removing corrupt flag from index [/oak:index/lucene] which has been marked as corrupt since [2018-05-17T16:11:40.451Z]

17.05.2018 19:04:28.732 *INFO* [async-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate Reindexing will be performed for following indexes: [/oak:index/lucene]

17.05.2018 19:04:28.733 *INFO* [async-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.progress.NodeCounterMBeanEstimator Paths to be traversed includedPath : [/], excludedPaths : [/etc/workflow/instances, /jcr:system, /etc/replication, /var]

17.05.2018 19:04:28.733 *INFO* [async-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate Estimated node count to be traversed for reindexing under / is [144384]

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There must be an exception logged as well (which is not part of your initial log excerpt), which indicates about the type of problem. Here it's just that there is an error and the indexer is trying again. Can you please check for a stacktrace / proper error message which gives more insight what's wrong with it?

(And yes, raising a Daycare ticket is appropriate if that's more than just a local developer system ...)

Jörg

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Time it would take for reindexing would be dependent on the content and type of content you have. Once the reindex is complete, You can go check the indexStats Jmx mbean  in the felix console or crxde for that index and reindex=false flag would be set

Level 2

I am seeing the async update is marking the index as corrupt and the re-index i initiated has been removing the flag which is happening repeatedly. that is why i am concerned if the re-indexing is working or not. How to check the progress of the it other than the logs.

Employee

You'll have to check the Async IndexStats bean which would give you better idea why this is repeating ? Go to system/console/jmx > Indexstats (async) and see at the bottom of the screen

Level 2

I see both the async index and full-text index is running and re-index is in init state. Should i pause the async index while re-indexing is in progress? and can i do it via the console itself?

Employee

No, this is the correct status for reindexing and indexstats show that it is initiation phase and would be in running state and next completed

wait for the reindexing to be completed and recheck these later

Level 2

It did nothing, i left it overnight and its worse now. I am not able to load the console page. Still seeing same errors in the error logs.

Employee

I would suggest to log a daycare ticket so that someone from support team can look at it dedicatedly. Messages here might not help but this would need a thorough analysis on the state of the system

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There must be an exception logged as well (which is not part of your initial log excerpt), which indicates about the type of problem. Here it's just that there is an error and the indexer is trying again. Can you please check for a stacktrace / proper error message which gives more insight what's wrong with it?

(And yes, raising a Daycare ticket is appropriate if that's more than just a local developer system ...)

Jörg