Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Not annotated parameter overrides @NotNull parameter

Level 5

I'm working on a servlet. And the response argument is throwing the below sonar issue.

Not annotated parameter overrides @notnull parameter

How can I deal with this?

goyalkritika_0-1688533996050.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@goyalkritika 

this annotation means that the parent method has some @NotNull / @NonNull annotation on the parameter, while the overriding method has no.

To fix it, you need to put the same annotation on the overriding method.

Please try

import org.jetbrains.annotations.NotNull;

@Override
    protected void doGet(final @NotNull SlingHttpServletRequest request,
                         final @NotNull SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@goyalkritika 

this annotation means that the parent method has some @NotNull / @NonNull annotation on the parameter, while the overriding method has no.

To fix it, you need to put the same annotation on the overriding method.

Please try

import org.jetbrains.annotations.NotNull;

@Override
    protected void doGet(final @NotNull SlingHttpServletRequest request,
                         final @NotNull SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 1

@goyalkritika The Sonar issue you mentioned, "Not annotated parameter overrides @NotNull parameter," indicates that you have a method in your servlet that overrides a method from a superclass or interface, and the overridden method has a parameter annotated with @NotNull to indicate that it cannot be null. However, in your overriding method, you have not provided the @NotNull annotation for the corresponding parameter.

Here's an example of how you can add the @NotNull annotation to your parameter in the servlet method:

@Override
public void doGet(@NotNull HttpServletRequest request, @NotNull HttpServletResponse response)

{ // Servlet code }