Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Not able to reorder fields or columns present in AEM assets when in list view

Level 2

In The assets management of AEM 6.5 on premise, when I am in List view of assets, I am not able to reorder the columns(i.e., title, locale, tags etc. ) of data for each asset. Is it possible to reorder them? 

Edit: Sorry, my question wasn't framed correctly earlier.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ks22725 
In AEM 6.5, column or list reordering is not supported. The columns are predefined and cannot be rearranged; however, you have the option to adjust column visibility through settings.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ks22725 
No, we do not have option to reorder AEM Assets in List View Out of the box in On Prem
We do have option to sort the assets based on the column (there are sort arrows right to each column name in List View).

Community Advisor

No out of the box there isn't @ks22725
You can always overlay the UI to modify the screen UI, and use Sling Resource Merger via sling:orderBefore in (dialog xml via code) to decide the order of the columns.
But ootb you can't

Community Advisor

@ks22725 

In AEMaaCS instance, we have the ability to reorder assets via the vertical ellipses at the end of the row. 

aanchalsikka_0-1710223802030.png

Can't say about on-premise as I don't have access.

What use case are you trying to achieve by reordering assets?

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

Hello...as I mentioned.... I'm trying to reorder the columns, ie, the title, locale, type, status etc...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ks22725 
In AEM 6.5, column or list reordering is not supported. The columns are predefined and cannot be rearranged; however, you have the option to adjust column visibility through settings.

Arun Patidar