Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Not able to access jcr:content properties of currentPage.

Level 3

Hi Community,

I have written this basic code to access jcr:content properties of my current page specifically cq:tags property but it is not working.

public Void activate throws exception{

rootpage=getCurrentPage;

Resource res = getResourceResolver.getResource(rootpage.getPath);

ValueMap pageProperties = res .getValueMap();

tag= (String) properties.get("cq:tags", "Default value");

}

When I'm using getter method to access the cq:tags property it is showing only Default Value and not the real value of cq:tags even though I can see cq:tags property inside jcr:content in pages.

Please help. 

Is there any other way of achieving the same task?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ShagunMalik ,

It is because "rootpage.getPath" is just path to a page (for example /content/mywebsite/en/mypage) and it is not ending with "jcr:content" node, whereas the properties you are looking for are stored on jcr:content node. So you have to add jcr:content before making resource ((for example /content/mywebsite/en/mypage/jcr:content) ).

Resource res = getResourceResolver.getResource(rootpage.getPath + "/jcr:content/");

The best way is to enable debugger in your favorite IDE (eclipse for example) and inspect on run time. That way you will find it more easy while development.

hope it helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ShagunMalik ,

It is because "rootpage.getPath" is just path to a page (for example /content/mywebsite/en/mypage) and it is not ending with "jcr:content" node, whereas the properties you are looking for are stored on jcr:content node. So you have to add jcr:content before making resource ((for example /content/mywebsite/en/mypage/jcr:content) ).

Resource res = getResourceResolver.getResource(rootpage.getPath + "/jcr:content/");

The best way is to enable debugger in your favorite IDE (eclipse for example) and inspect on run time. That way you will find it more easy while development.

hope it helps!

Level 3

Hey @Ritesh_Mittal  I'm getting logger to debug and when I see Error logs I found error "AEM failed to activate Use class". How to resolve it?

I have made the changes that you suggested.

Community Advisor

@ShagunMalik , So you are good with your original issue, right? and for the error logs, its better if you create a new issue/thread so that tracking will be easy.

Level 3
Ok @Ritesh_Mittal I will create a new thread for error logs and Thank you for resolving issue of getting page properties.

Community Advisor

Hi @ShagunMalik 

There are multiple things you need to validate here:

• pageProperties  is your valueMap object but you are using "properties" to get cq:tags. Please check.
  • If you already have page object why you need to convert it to resource? you can get properties from page itself.
  • If you want to use this code snippet than you can use what @Ritesh_Mittal suggested or you can use below mentioned code snippet to get jcr:contentfinal Resource resource = pageResource.getChild("jcr:content");
    if (resource != null) {
    ValueMap map = resource.getValueMap();

Thanks

Dipti