Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

node removed workflow trigger

Former Community Member

I'm trying to create a workflow trigger to automatically delete from the publish node files that are deleted on the author node.  This seems to be a rather serious problem that is not well addressed in any case.

Regardless, I tried the obvious approach: create a workflow that just calls 'Deactivate Page/Asset' and set up a workflow launcher to start that workflow on removal of the nodes of interest.  And I get a seemingly obvious problem: the workflow can't work, because the workitem isn't around.   I get an error message like this in the error log:

*WARN* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/2014-07-31/model_8459707671124452:/etc/designs/common/top/sample.js] com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.ReplicatePageProcess Cannot activate page or asset because path is null for this workitem: com.day.cq.workflow.impl.exec.CQWorkItemWrapper@14aaef2d

Is there any way to deactivate a deleted item, particularly automatically?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box will automatically delete the page in publish when you delete from author. Are you not seeing this happening? Which version of aem?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box will automatically delete the page in publish when you delete from author. Are you not seeing this happening? Which version of aem?