Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource Paragraph

Level 2

Hi,

While loading our pages in WCM Editor (6.1) , the following exception is being thrown.

*ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1442943894925] GET /content/acme-global/acme-com/11.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource Paragraph, path=/content/acme-global/jcr:content/acme_footer/acmecontent, type=acme-foundation/components/content/ACMEContent, cssClass=default, column=0/0, diffInfo=[null], resource=[JcrNodeResource, type=acme-foundation/components/content/ACMEContent, superType=null, path=/content/acme-global/jcr:content/acme_footer/acmecontent]

Note:

We have added a Page.html.jsp in /libs/foundation/components/primary/cq/Page/ to handle the html extension. In the vanila installation of 6.1 Page.html.jsp was missing.

I don't have any clue for this issue other than adding the custom exception page. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I think the error you are seeing is because of the footer component included on the page. - /content/acme-global/jcr:content/acme_footer/acmecontent. Check the sling:resourceType of this node and see it it exists in CRX and evaluates to valid resource.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

You are not required to add Page.html.jsp. In my 6.1 instance the HTML extensrion is rendered by /libs/foundation/components/primary/cq/Page/Page.jsp. 

TIMER_END{0,ResourceResolution} URI=/content/sites/www/en/home.html resolves to Resource=JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/content/sites/www/en/home 0 LOG Resource Path Info: SlingRequestPathInfo: path='/content/sites/www/en/home', selectorString='null', extension='html', suffix='null' 0 TIMER_START{ServletResolution} 0 TIMER_START{resolveServlet(JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/content/sites/www/en/home)} 2 TIMER_END{2,resolveServlet(JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/content/sites/www/en/home)} Using servlet /libs/foundation/components/primary/cq/Page/Page.jsp 2 TIMER_END{2,ServletResolution} URI=/content/sites/www/en/home.html handled by Servlet=/libs/foundation/components/primary/cq/Page/Page.jsp

Employee Advisor

Also, check the "resource.resolver.searchpath" property in http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrResourceRes...has value "/libs/foundation/components/primary"

Level 2

kunal23 wrote...

Also, check the "resource.resolver.searchpath" property in http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrResourceRes...has value "/libs/foundation/components/primary"

Yes kunal,

This setting in my CQ instance has the same value: /libs/foundation/components/primary. Also I have removed the Page.html.jsp from the path. But still the same error exists.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I think the error you are seeing is because of the footer component included on the page. - /content/acme-global/jcr:content/acme_footer/acmecontent. Check the sling:resourceType of this node and see it it exists in CRX and evaluates to valid resource.

Employee

This issue can occur due to one more reasons - Pasting a component from other page on a "new page". A empty node without resource type is generated in such cases. More explained in this link - AEM Resources missing sling:resourceType - Stack Overflow

The issue raised CQ-4212306 will be part of 6.4 release.

Level 1
is there a script or utility to remove invalid nodes?