While validating the Apache HTTP Components Proxy Configuration I ran into issues excluding hosts. I am hoping Adobe Staff or others in the community might offer suggestions or advice to solve this concern.
1. Enable HTTP Proxy via system/console/configMgr
2. (Issue 1) Do not 'Edit' the Apache HTTP Component Proxy Configuration, it doesn't accept/work
3. Create a new PID instance of Apache HTTP Component Proxy Configuration
4. Set the Enable HTTP Proxy checkbox on (true)
5. Set your proxy host
6. Set your proxy port
7. Add lines for your internal server 'No Proxy Server'
8. (Issue 2-n) Tried specifying 'No Proxy Server' in multiple ways; none worked
a. Used dot-domain-dot-com (as specified in description of property)
b. Tried surrounding with single-quotes, tried surrounding with double quotes
c. Tried asterisk-dot-domain-dot-com (as described for Java Proxy properties definition)
How to see if (not) work:
1. Create a new logger via system/console/configMgr
2. Use + Logger Configuration
a. Log Level: Debug
b. Log File: logs/proxyserver.log
c. Message pattern: (leave default)
d. Logger: (specified these after using too broad 'org.apache.http')
3. Use var/linkchecker.html to execute HTTPClient calls
4. View logs/proxyserver.log
a. org.apache.http.impl.conn.HttpClientConnectionOperator Connecting to <your-proxy-server-specified>/<its-resolved-ip>:<port>
I would expect that all my links that are in the No Proxy For domain are not passed through the proxy server. This is not the case. I've tested this with AEM 6.1SP2 with and without CFP10. Additionally I've tested it by adding CQ_JVM_OPTS for proxy configuration. The CQ_JVM_OPTS proxy options are not picked up either....ie. not immediately interpreted or added to the OSGi component (not a big deal) but it raised the concern (Issue 3) that there is not a different panel/property setting for HTTPS proxy:
# Proxy server configuration
CQ_JVM_OPTS="$CQ_JVM_OPTS -Dhttp.proxyHost=myproxyhost -Dhttp.proxyPort=80 -Dhttps.proxyHost=myhttpsproxyhost -Dhttps.proxyPort=443 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts='locahost|*.mydomain.com|*.mysimilardomain.com'"
Advice and help appreciated!
No reply for 5 days, so do I proceed to a support ticket?
Yes - we have no community content or docs that could assist you in this use case - please open a ticket.
This is fixed in CFP11.