Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New page returning 404 after replication to the publish environment, can anyone offer help?

Level 1

Hi all,

We are pretty new to AEM and have an issue that we need help on if possible. We're currently managing a site developed by another vendor and have created our first new page in our author instance, and have now replicated it across to the publish instance using the replication service. This all worked fine and the logs say this has been successful, however when I browse to the URL we are getting a 404 error.

I am wondering if anyone can offer guidance on where to look for potential issues. I have thought the following:

- How can I verify the content is there on the publish site? As this is all locked down as normal.

- Could this be an issue with the dispatcher? Maybe someone has configured only some specific URLs to be available using the /filter? (I say this as our site is a SPA and so only the main URL is accessed once with other calls being AJAX requests for content)

- We don't have access to the live server environment, however I believe that the client (who hosts multiple sites on one instance) is not using Sling Mapping to manage multiple domains, however is using the web server to redirect URLs https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dispatcher/disp-domains.html#par_title_1 Could this be an issue?

This is something outside of our comfort zone at the moment, so I'd love some help or tip from the community on where to look.

Cheers,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Point 5th from the list by @opkar  can be very useful as most of the time the path of page in author and path of same page in live site in not same as business will ask to implement rewrite rules according to their needs.

Ex. 

In author page path is localhost:4502/content/project/en/home/details.html

In live site it can be site.com/details.html, In this case if you try to access site.com/content/project/en/home/details.html it will take you to 404

Can you tell how you are trying to verify the page in publish instance?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Point 5th from the list by @opkar  can be very useful as most of the time the path of page in author and path of same page in live site in not same as business will ask to implement rewrite rules according to their needs.

Ex. 

In author page path is localhost:4502/content/project/en/home/details.html

In live site it can be site.com/details.html, In this case if you try to access site.com/content/project/en/home/details.html it will take you to 404

Can you tell how you are trying to verify the page in publish instance?

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks so much for the responses, much appreciated and something to look in for sure. I'm looking at the URL /page.html as that is how the redirect rules seem to work, rather than the content path. I don't know exactly what these redirect rules are as yet, and have asked the client to provide their dispatcher/Apache config so I can see how this is working.

Cheers,

Kevin

Employee

Hi Kevin,

Without access to the logs on the publish instance, AEM directly via machine name and port or the web server logs, it is going to be difficult to figure out what is going on:

Things to check would be:

1. In the publish instance log file (error.log), was the file received

2. Using CRXDE Lite, check if the page exists in the repository(you would require admin access on the publish instance)

3. Can you go directly to the publish instance in your browser, using the machine name and port, and access the page? This bypasses dispatcher

4. Check the Dispatcher/Apache configuration to see what rewrites are in place and what paths are allowed to be passed onto AEM.

5. Check the replication queues set up on the author instance and make sure they are pointing to your publish instances.

6. Check the dipatcher log to see whether the page request was passed onto AEM or terminated at Dispatcher

Regards,

Opkar