Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Nested Parsys in AEM 6.3

Level 2

Hi,

I wanted to create a nested parsys system, which would allow me to create a parsys inside a parsys. I have been trying to do it like this:

<div data-sly-resource="${'main-par' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}">

<div data-sly-resource="${'./parsys-container' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

</div>

But this approach is not working. Can anyone please tell me how to do this correctly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Please have a look at the following articles (just for reference) covering the implementation and limitations of nested paragraph system:

Sometimes nested paragraph systems are needed for special layout type components in CQ5. Here is a c...

Avoid nested components in AEM 6 - Stack Overflow

java - can I have a parsys inside parsys - Stack Overflow

Another way of achieving this is, you can create a component with parsys inside it and drag and drop that component into a parent parsys (requires some css changes in this case).

NOTE: However, using nested paragraph system might effect the performance of the page which is stated in the below mentioned link:

Multiple Nested Parsys slowing down AEM/Browser?

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Typically a parsys is placed within another component such as a grid. This gives you ability to drop a component within a component:

Client.png

See this article to give you an idea of how to add a parsys within a component.

Creating a custom Touch UI Grid Component for Adobe Experience Manager

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

Please have a look at the following articles (just for reference) covering the implementation and limitations of nested paragraph system:

Sometimes nested paragraph systems are needed for special layout type components in CQ5. Here is a c...

Avoid nested components in AEM 6 - Stack Overflow

java - can I have a parsys inside parsys - Stack Overflow

Another way of achieving this is, you can create a component with parsys inside it and drag and drop that component into a parent parsys (requires some css changes in this case).

NOTE: However, using nested paragraph system might effect the performance of the page which is stated in the below mentioned link:

Multiple Nested Parsys slowing down AEM/Browser?

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions