Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Needs to create multilevel dialog box. What is the easiest and efficiency way in AEM.

Level 2

I needs to create list like below as out put

1. Home

I) Networking

i) Routers

- optics and transceivers 

- Secure acccess

ii) Switches

iii) Wireless

II) Software

III) Security

2. Products

3. Solitons

4. Support

All level of data I needs to get from content authors. What is the best way to create component. Rather than nested multifield is there any other way to implement component ? Please give any suggestions .

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan, I am not sure if I get the point, but maybe you can try to create component with parsys inside, that will allow you to put the same component into it etc - something similar to Layout Container that you can find in AEM. In that case author will be able to create nested structure by himself and set all required data - assuming that this component will expose some configuration options to the author.

btw looks like some sort of navigation - maybe it could be generated automatically base on content structure - and of course author will have ability to edit each item using page properties for each element (i.e nav title or hide in nav)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan, I am not sure if I get the point, but maybe you can try to create component with parsys inside, that will allow you to put the same component into it etc - something similar to Layout Container that you can find in AEM. In that case author will be able to create nested structure by himself and set all required data - assuming that this component will expose some configuration options to the author.

btw looks like some sort of navigation - maybe it could be generated automatically base on content structure - and of course author will have ability to edit each item using page properties for each element (i.e nav title or hide in nav)

Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan,

Please use the OOTB list component: https://www.aemcomponents.dev/content/core-components-examples/library/page-authoring/list.html.You can create a proxy of it in your project and use it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan ,

Create the tab components and add the parsys and then drag n drop the text component.

Kr,

Sanjay