Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Needs to create multilevel dialog box. What is the easiest and efficiency way in AEM.

Level 2

I needs to create list like below as out put

1. Home

I) Networking

i) Routers

- optics and transceivers 

- Secure acccess

ii) Switches

iii) Wireless

II) Software

III) Security

2. Products

3. Solitons

4. Support

All level of data I needs to get from content authors. What is the best way to create component. Rather than nested multifield is there any other way to implement component ? Please give any suggestions .

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan, I am not sure if I get the point, but maybe you can try to create component with parsys inside, that will allow you to put the same component into it etc - something similar to Layout Container that you can find in AEM. In that case author will be able to create nested structure by himself and set all required data - assuming that this component will expose some configuration options to the author.

btw looks like some sort of navigation - maybe it could be generated automatically base on content structure - and of course author will have ability to edit each item using page properties for each element (i.e nav title or hide in nav)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan, I am not sure if I get the point, but maybe you can try to create component with parsys inside, that will allow you to put the same component into it etc - something similar to Layout Container that you can find in AEM. In that case author will be able to create nested structure by himself and set all required data - assuming that this component will expose some configuration options to the author.

btw looks like some sort of navigation - maybe it could be generated automatically base on content structure - and of course author will have ability to edit each item using page properties for each element (i.e nav title or hide in nav)

Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan,

Please use the OOTB list component: https://www.aemcomponents.dev/content/core-components-examples/library/page-authoring/list.html.You can create a proxy of it in your project and use it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi @Nesan ,

Create the tab components and add the parsys and then drag n drop the text component.

Kr,

Sanjay