Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Need to read/export json of experience fragment

Level 3

@@@Hi,

I am creating an experience fragment which would have two or three components. I need to get the json for components inside this experience fragment. Currently I am able to get the json details of the experience fragment but not the components inside them.

This json data needs to be passed as a service to a webapi. A service needs to be created which will get this json data in a service and via that service data will be sent to the webapi.

Can anyone please provide some pointers for the same?

1673396_pastedImage_0.png

The json for the page is as follows:

1673398_pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Berni

Feike Vissersmacdonald2008

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

By default, Experience Fragments are delivered in the HTML format. This can be used by both AEM and third party channels alike.

For export to Adobe Target, HTML is used. See Target Integration with Experience Fragments for full information.

Export from AEM to Adobe Target currently only exports the HTML and there isn't any way to export it as a JSON.

Whereas Content fragment could be exported.

Another way is that Abhishek mentioned here.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Have you looked into AEM Content Services that provide this functionality?

Employee

I think if you create experience fragment with core components or develop your components using ComponentExporter,

it should provide all the content in JSON format.

Refer Enabling JSON Export for a Component  for details.

Correct answer by
Administrator

By default, Experience Fragments are delivered in the HTML format. This can be used by both AEM and third party channels alike.

For export to Adobe Target, HTML is used. See Target Integration with Experience Fragments for full information.

Export from AEM to Adobe Target currently only exports the HTML and there isn't any way to export it as a JSON.

Whereas Content fragment could be exported.

Another way is that Abhishek mentioned here.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Yes, I have checked the AEM Content Services. However that is for content fragment and i'm trying to implement the same thing using an experience fragment. I tried referring the the following links but did not find anything useful:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Content Fragments and Content Services in AEM

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Content Services

Level 3

Developing components from scratch would be a bit difficult since all components are already existing. However, I'll try this method once and let you know if it worked.Thanks.

Level 3

Hi,

I tried to work as mentioned in Enabling JSON Export for a Component

I have created a experience fragment with image component from core components /apps/core/wcm/components/image/v2/image.

I have used the XF in the page
http://localhost:5002/editor.html/content/we-retail/us/en/user.html

suppose i have configured the dialog having alt text as "my test image"

now how can i get the component data as json(as if my test image in json)??

Any supported documentation would be helpful.

Level 5

Hello kautuksahni​ Agreed, by default, Experience Fragments are delivered in the HTML format. This can be used by both AEM and third party channels alike. So i created an Experience fragment and I am trying to expose/ host the static content in e-mail template. Could you please give me some inputs how can we achieve that.

Here is the use case I am trying.

How to host an Experience fragments in an email template?