Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Names of the downloaded renditions are not coming as per expecteations

Level 3

Hi, I am facing one issue in AEM 6.4 for the names of the downloaded renditions as compared to the details of the renditions in the UI Steps to reproduce

1> Login into DAM UI.

2> Navigate to Assets -> FIles -> Click on any folder

3> Click on any image/video asset.

4> Select Renditions from Top left raildown icon(Capture the rendition dimensions).

5> Now click on download and check renditions checkbox

6> Click on download button.

7> Open the downloaded assets Expected: Image-Name of the downloaded renditions should be appended with correct dimensions as mentioned in UI(Refer Step 4).

Video- Name and Actual Dimension(Open the downloaded rendition -> Select File Info from the top right 'see more' drop down) should be as per the renditions mentioned in UI(Step 4). Actual: Image-Dimensions appended with file name is not matching the actual dimensions mentioned in renditions(Step 4) Video- Name and Actual Dimension is not as per the renditions mentioned in UI(Step 4).

6 Replies

Level 10

I am seeing the ZIP file with all renditions - as shown here:

AssetRens.png

Are you seeing this. Please post a screenshot that shows the contents of the ZIP file.

Level 3

Please find the below screenshot. The data displayed in the renditions is different and having different dimensions as downloaded in the zip file.

Asset_share_deatils.PNG

Thanks.

Level 10

THis is what I am seeing too. You believe this is a bug in the product?

Level 3

Yes it can be. I checked on the vanilla instance as well it is behaving the same way. Can you please verify from your side or may be something is being missed out.

Level 10

My observation is that the image name is derived from "Thumbnail Arguments" which is typically "48*48" or something specified by the user but based on other arguments, it may or may not maintain the aspect ratio which modifies the dimensions of image. If you download the image and check the properties, it would still show the correct dimensions which may/may not match with the name of image.

1664694_pastedImage_2.png

Level 1

Sometimes, you see that the renditions displayed on DAM admin for an asset in AEM 6.3 doesn't match AEM 6.4, although its the same asset (e.g., *.ai) and assetType. In latest versions of AEM, it uses the actual dimensions of the images rather than rely on the rendition string appended to the name of the generated assets.

StaticImageRendition.png

Comparing the file /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/unifiedrenditions/staticrenditions/staticrenditions.jsp in AEM 6.3 and AEM 6.4, we see there is minor change in condition for display logic. If we replace “getMimeType()” with “getAsset()”, display names of renditions for image thumbnail exactly matches on both versions for a given asset file (.ai).