Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

My custom service is not visible in "Services", "Components" tabs.

Level 1
Hey. My problem is:

I've deployed my service successfully. "Services" bundle is active, I can call methods from my deployed service without any problems, but I cant see it in "Services" and "Components" tabs in my Felix OSGi Console. What should I do to make it visible in the "Service", "Components" tabs?

The code of my service.

@Component(immediate = true)
@Service(value = GoodbyeWorldService.class)  
    public class GoodbyeWorldService {
        @Reference
        protected Scheduler scheduler;
        private final static Logger LOGGER = LoggerFactory.getLogger(GoodbyeWorldService.class);

public void get() {
           LOGGER.info("Scheduler is " + this.scheduler);
       } 
    }
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Follow this AEM article - as shown in the article - you will see the service in the Service tab -- as shown here.

[img]FelixBundleService.png[/img]

See:

Querying Adobe Experience Manager Data using the JCR API

(PS -- this one is an advanced article using JQuery, a custom OSGi that uses JCR API, etc.)

For those reading this thread and want an easier service to start with -- see this article:

Creating your first AEM Service using an Adobe Maven Archetype project

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Follow this AEM article - as shown in the article - you will see the service in the Service tab -- as shown here.

[img]FelixBundleService.png[/img]

See:

Querying Adobe Experience Manager Data using the JCR API

(PS -- this one is an advanced article using JQuery, a custom OSGi that uses JCR API, etc.)

For those reading this thread and want an easier service to start with -- see this article:

Creating your first AEM Service using an Adobe Maven Archetype project

Level 10

Can you please describe how you created the OSGi bundle? What CQ version are you using?