Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

mvn deploy fails with "installation on http://localhost:4502 ... failed" reason : connection refused

Level 7

I am trying to have a common bundle deployed to internal central repository.

when I do mvn deploy on aem project it is giving me following error, any ideas?

mvn deploy fails with "installation on http://localhost:4502 ... failed" reason : connection refused

I was under the impression that , mvn deploy do not trigger "install to aem server" but it seems mvn deploy trying to install onto localhost, which does not exist in this case, all i need is to do build and deploy the artifacts to central repository.

Thanks,

Sri

5 Replies

Level 4

mvn clean install will only build the projecy

used with a profile like -PautoInstallPackage or -PautoInstallPackagePublish will deploy it.

Is this what you are looking for?

Level 10

@Rima Mittal -

Great answer - we marked this correct. If you do not have AEM running, then you can build your project by using this command mvn clean install. If you try and use this command - mvn -PautoInstallPublsh Install and you do not have AEM running - then you will get that error.

Level 7

Let me rephrase my question.

What i want to do is mvn deploy and that should build, deploy artifacts to central nexus repository.

I do not want to trigger install or install with profiles.

This is a foundation project like acs commons used across all other projects as a dependency.

Level 2

Then you should create a new maven profile that will push it whenever you've installed the package in your local maven repository and run without the autoInstallPackage(Publish) profile, but with your new created profile.

Level 4

When we run 'mvn clean install', there are different plugins that come into action, all defined in pom.xml under the <pluginManagement>; for example maven-clean-plugin, maven-resources-plugin etc.

For your requirement here, you will have to use the maven-deploy plugin, please see details at Apache Maven Deploy Plugin - Introduction.

Its usage can be found at Apache Maven Deploy Plugin - Usage

This way, you wont have to run your command with a profile option and you can have artifacts deployed to your internal remote repository.

Hope this helps!