Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multilingual Site without translation provider

Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently evaluating AEM for a multilingual website at my company. We currently have roughly 100-200 different pages, thus pretty small but still AEM would be the prefered solution. Nonetheless, I was wondering if there is an option to send the pages to be translated in an .txt or .xml file without having to go through the translation service provider?

Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,

Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Even in case of Translation Provider, data is sent in XML/XLIFF format and when translated, its imported to AEM. It is possible to do the same in case you want to do translation without any other vendor. Just need to make sure, you follow a particular format for raw/translated XML, so you know how to read it back after translation and write it back in JCR.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Even in case of Translation Provider, data is sent in XML/XLIFF format and when translated, its imported to AEM. It is possible to do the same in case you want to do translation without any other vendor. Just need to make sure, you follow a particular format for raw/translated XML, so you know how to read it back after translation and write it back in JCR.

Level 1

Thank you so much. I am a little worried that the people responsible for translating the website are a little overwhelmed by an XML File. Do you know if there is an option with exporting and importing just txt - Files or some easier to understand format?

Level 7

XLIFF(XLIFF - Wikipedia ) is the standard for this and I believe this should be used... There are certain tags that they should be looking into (<target> tag).. So this would require some sort of training for them but it is worth the effort.. At the same time, even though it will make things complex but if you want to use easier to read format like text, you can decide on a format(as it is internal to your team) keeping in mind a few things:

- How to pass source and target language

- What part of txt file to translate and what to keep as is

- How to read the txt file so it could be written to correct node in JCR