Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multi Select option in Inbox Screen in Touch - UI

Level 1

I am trying to implement multi-selection functionality in AEM inbox screen in Touch - UI. This functionality is already available as part of classic-ui.

I have figured out the file used for single row selection but I couldn't figure out how is the event trigger is enabling the action-bar of complete, delete, delegate, open options.

Below are the involved files that I found out where variuos methods are used for this functionality.

/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/clientlibs/foundation/js/collection/selectall/selectall.js

/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/clientlibs/foundation/js/autocomplete/autocomplete.js

/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/clientlibs/foundation/js/layout/table.js

/libs/clientlibs/granite/coralui3/js/all.js

Along with the above files JQuery.js and common.js are also involved.

Can you please help me out with the files involved and flow of single row select feature in inbox screen.

Is this apt to override the above files and can you please suggest the correct approach.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This is by design as in AEM the inbox implementation allows the user to take action one item at a time.

This is not supported in the new inbox which is a unified inbox view of different "task" types including Workflow notifications, Project Tasks, Ad-hoc task and AEM Form task assignments. Prior to 6.3, each of those had their own "inbox" view - 6.4 inboxes unified all of those.

The issue is the Inbox is different from the notifications. Previously all items in Notifications.html are work-item types only. Now with the unified inbox, the item types are different, and each has different individual actions that can be performed on them.

This is being tracked as an improvement in 6.5 (CQ-4230313) to support multi-select in the inbox, but it's a non-trivial improvement.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

This is by design as in AEM the inbox implementation allows the user to take action one item at a time.

This is not supported in the new inbox which is a unified inbox view of different "task" types including Workflow notifications, Project Tasks, Ad-hoc task and AEM Form task assignments. Prior to 6.3, each of those had their own "inbox" view - 6.4 inboxes unified all of those.

The issue is the Inbox is different from the notifications. Previously all items in Notifications.html are work-item types only. Now with the unified inbox, the item types are different, and each has different individual actions that can be performed on them.

This is being tracked as an improvement in 6.5 (CQ-4230313) to support multi-select in the inbox, but it's a non-trivial improvement.