Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Multi Move option in AEM

Level 4

We have a need to do a bulk move in aem(content/campaigns/segmentation, etc.). As of now we multi select the move button is disabled.

Along with the multi move we need to decouple all the segments attached and deactivate them.

May i know what should be the best approach to fulfill the above requirement.

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Regarding the Move button, I can see it is disabled in the siteadmin. attached move.PNG

However I will use copy in this stage. because I can select and copy multiple pages in different location.

It won't be possible to move multiple pages because every pages have some references. while moving, it ask us which page need to reference or not.

so In case of multiple pages, it won't be possible.

~ Prince Shivhare

Community Advisor

please Close this thread. If you got your resolution.

~ Prince Shivhare

Level 4

Thank you so much for all the help and  solutions.

Unfortunately these may not work in my situation:( As business user may not be comfortable.

Planning to write a custom tool to perform this operation.

Community Advisor

Awesome... I was also looking for something similar.. smacdonald2008​ please have a look at this one

Community Advisor

Can you share the code if possible ? or if not possible please let us know how you achieved this

Level 10

In AEM - sometimes tasks require a custom tool that is typically built by a developer for a business user (which is usually a non-programmer). If this custom tool works - it should solve this issue.