Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

MSM: Updating links to content fragments while rolling out pages

Level 5

Hi All,

I would like to know if MSM's standard rollout config behaves in below mentioned way.

I have a source :- /content/en-US/home.html page on which I have a content fragment reference components which points to content fragment at /content/dam/content-fragments/en-US/movie-fragment

now I created a live copy from this source en-US site for example en-CA

expecting that when I rollout home page, the content fragment reference will also be changed to /content.dam.content-fragments/en-CA/movie-fragment !

But this is not the observed behavior ...after rollout the page in livecopy still has content fragment referenced from /content/dam/content-fragments/en-US/movie-fragment.

Few questions :

Is this intended behavior ?

What would it take to achieve what I explained above?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@asn11 that's the limitations i talked about in my last comment. 

Content Fragments (CFs) are not supported for the MSM use case. When attempting to create their live copies, CFs are copied over as is without any relationship. The copied CFs are a snapshot in time and do not update when the original CFs are updated

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@asn11 

Which aem version you are using ? Seems AEM 6.5.2 has support for MSM for assets, but this feature is still not available for content fragments.

Following is a limitation of MSM for Assets.

• Content Fragments (CFs) are not supported for the use case. When attempting to create their live copies, CFs are copied over as is without any relationship. The copied CFs are a snapshot in time and do not update when the original CFs are updated.

• MSM does not work with metadata writeback enabled. Upon writeback, the inheritance breaks.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/using/reuse-assets-using-msm.ht...

Level 5

Thanks reply, I have gone through this link and it talks about applying MSM to assets.

However, what I am looking for is references of CFs on a page and whether they get updated when a Page from source tree is rolled out to target tree.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@asn11 that's the limitations i talked about in my last comment. 

Content Fragments (CFs) are not supported for the MSM use case. When attempting to create their live copies, CFs are copied over as is without any relationship. The copied CFs are a snapshot in time and do not update when the original CFs are updated