Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

MSM - Rollout button lost

Level 4

Open a blueprint page - go to page information button and notice the Rollout button is missing.  This must mean that its live copy inheritance has gone. (somehow)  How can I put that back as an AEM author?  Also if I am not an AEM author there must be a way in CRDxE

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Rollout command on the blueprint page depends upon on whether a source is referenced by blueprint configurations.

If you create a live copy from a source page that is referenced in a blueprint configuration, then only Rollout option will be available in the page information.

Blueprint configs are available at http://localhost:port/libs/wcm/msm/gui/content/blueprintconfig.html

or http://localhost:port/miscadmin#/etc/blueprints

Regards,

Vishu

Level 4

yes but on these pages the rollout button was existing previously and have been rolled out before however recently the rolllout button in the blueprint has been missing.  so something happened.

Level 4

the pages were created and rolled out.  then an edit happened on the source and rolled out.  then another edit but the rollout button was missing. 

Level 4

actually i think live copy parent was renamed and maybe broke the inhertiance to its source.

Level 4

Thanks and also if you delete a live copy you cannot roll it out again from the source can you - you have to create a new live copy from the source ?

Sent from my iPhone

Employee

Rollout button is missing or disabled ? If it is disabled, Go to the livecopy page and the jcr:content where the cq:LiveSync config node resides. Check for the excluded pages and isDeep value. Adjust the excluded pages to remove the page where page is disabled and set isDeep is true and try replicate the issue again

Level 4

yes thank you but is there a way an author can do this and not a developer?

Level 4

the rollout button is no longer showing in the page information drop down, but it definitly does have a live copy.

Level 10

Its just not depend on the live copy. There could be some inheritance broken here and needs to be looked at.

Also, this is something author cannot add it back as this is the relationship which is broken behind the UI. So this needs to be fixed from backend by the developers.