Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

MSM: inheritance in custom components, in LiveCopy pages

Level 4

Hi masters!

I'm working on Multi Site Management, on AEM 5.6.1.

I've configured a blueprint and a livecopy, and all works fine with ootb components (text and image components tested). I can roll-out changes on blueprint pages to livecopy pages, and the 'inheritance' functionality is working fine. I mean, I can cancel the inheritance of a component, change it and recover the inheritance; I can delete the component and recover it from the placeholder... and so on...

But with my custom components the inheritance functionality is not working. I can't see the padlock icon to cancel the inheritance on the livecopy (component) pages. I can make changes to livecopy components (without cancel the inheritance ¿!? ), but when I make a new roll-out of the blueprint page, the changes are lost.

Is there any special configuration, or code to include, to take care of this issue? I've reviewed the foundation components, and I don't see any special configuration or code related to blueprint-to-livecopy inheritance.

Any help will be very appreciated! Thank very much!!

Best regards!

Julio.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi masters!

This issue has been solved.

For the inheritance functionality works fine, you need to do some work on your custom components:
  • On the root folder of the component, create a cq:EditConfig node. No extra properties are needed.
  • On the previous cq:EditConfig node, create a cq:InplaceEditingConfig node. No extra properties are needed.
I have to do more tests, but it works for me for a basic, test component. Don't ask me why... :-)

Best regards,
Julio.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi masters!

This issue has been solved.

For the inheritance functionality works fine, you need to do some work on your custom components:
  • On the root folder of the component, create a cq:EditConfig node. No extra properties are needed.
  • On the previous cq:EditConfig node, create a cq:InplaceEditingConfig node. No extra properties are needed.
I have to do more tests, but it works for me for a basic, test component. Don't ask me why... :-)

Best regards,
Julio.

Level 4

Hi Smacdonald2008.

The reference you posted doesn't help me, but, anyway, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Any further help?

Best regards,

Julio.