Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Move page functionality from siteadmin not updating links

Level 4

Hi All,

I am trying to rename my language content node from UK to GB. I am using the move functionality provided by AEM, problem is now that all the previously authored content is broken as still the links chosen from pathfield are pointing to previous link having uk in their path. Is this an expected behaviour, or I am doing something wrong. 

Thanks!

Shehjad

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

which version of AEM are you using? I would recommend to raise a Daycare ticket for it.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

if you move using the UI functionality to move the page, a rewrite of all links should happen. It also works if you use the PageManager API. If you are working directly on JCR, it won't.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Hi Hoh,

To be more detailed this is what I am doing for testing move functionality.

I created a page called parent at path say /content/mysite/parent

I create 2 child pages to parent say child1 and child2. so their path is /content/mysite/parent/child1 and /content/mysite/parent/child2 respectively.

On child2 page I drag and drop text image component and give the path of child1 as link.

I go to siteadmin console and move the parent page to parent1 thus the new path of parent page is  /content/mysite/parent1.

I go to my child2 page which is now at path /content/mysite/parent1/child2 and I observe my text image component have a broken link and linkchecker also shows that.

Thanks!

Shehjad

Level 4

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reply, I am using AEM 6.0 with SP1 still this does not work or may be I am doing something silly.

Any idea, link which you shared talks about CQ 5.5.

Thanks!

Shehjad

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

which version of AEM are you using? I would recommend to raise a Daycare ticket for it.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jorg,

We are currently using AEM 6.0 with SP1 and soon would be deploying SP2. Above testing I have done on AEM 6.0 + SP1.

Thanks and Regards,

Shehjad