Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Move Bulk Assets from one location to another without using Workflow. [AEM6.5]

Level 6

Hi Team,

I have huge number of assets present in a particular folder and I want to move those assets to another folder but without using workflow.

I remember in some doc. we can do it by running some scripts.

Not sure what is that script and how to run script.

@Vijayalakshmi_S  @kautuk_sahni  @arunpatidar  @Theo_Pendle 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Groovy script can be used here for bulk movement of assets from one location to another. A sample script is shared in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35466809/initializing-assetmanager-in-groovy-console

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Groovy script can be used here for bulk movement of assets from one location to another. A sample script is shared in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35466809/initializing-assetmanager-in-groovy-console

Community Advisor

Hi @tushaar_srivastava,

If the assets in old location is already referenced in any of the site pages, consider doing "Move" operation from DAM console as it handles location adjust along with republish(if applicable). 

Otherwise, moveAsset method from AssetManager API via script execution should do. (as @vanegi shared)

Community Advisor

Migration of assets should be in two steps:

In the first step we need to find what are the assets that is being used some where means what are the assets which is having some reference. if number of assets, which is having some reference, is less then we can use the MOVE option benefits  it will be - will not have to focus on update the reference. If number of assets is huge the we can go for groovy scripts or servlet.

In the second step we can migrate the non-referenced assets with the help of groovy script in some scenario webdev is also helpfull.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Umesh Thakur

Level 2

Hi Team , 

We tried to move the asset from one folder location to another using groovy script, but we found that after the movement of 300 assets the groovy console gives error that the scrip is failed and after the 300 count do not gives us any logs , but in background the process runs and move the assets in sometime.

Now we need to move 3lakh assets from one folder location to different folder location.

Do anyone have some suggestion.