Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

MongoMK vs TarMK for Performance and Scalability

Level 4

Let me ask a question based on the information provided here to make right decision. http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/recommended-deploys.html.

MongoMK is good for scalability and TarMK is good for Performance, This is summary i am getting it.

My question is  we need clustering on publish because there is huge UGC on publish side.

1. MongoKM does not provide performance like TarMK. is that true?
  2. Can we achieve high availability with TarMK with clustered approach for high number of users? 
  3. Can we setup publish clustering using TarMK setup to avoid reverser replication for UGC to be replicated across all publish ? I see Cloud storage is recommended for TarMK Clustering and not very convincing to me  :).

regards,

Chandra

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was exploring clustering option on publish side without MongoMK.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

Chandra, 

Have you thought of having one MongoMK repository and pointing all your publishers to it.  I haven't looked closely into it but I think this is possible.

Employee

hi Chandra,

For UGC support, you can also use the Cloud Storage (which allows you to keep TarMK topology, with all instances, publish and author, pointing at this "common store" for UGC in the cloud). This is available for 5.6.1 and 6.0 versions (for 5.6.1, you need to download and to install the Social Communities Feature Pack v1.4 from package share). If you need to be provisioned for this cloud storage option, please contact your Adobe representative.

regards,

Bertrand

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was exploring clustering option on publish side without MongoMK.

Level 4

I never understood clustering in publish using TarMK...can somebody tell me is that possible because adobe PS  always ask me your publish is clustered or not clustered?

Employee

TARMK clustering is not possible as of now. For clustering , right now, mongo is to be used. Mongomk is slightly slower than tarmk. Please refer to http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/recommended-deploys.html#Microkernels:%20which%20one%20...