Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

DAM admin search issues

Level 2

Hi All,

When we go to the DAM admin area and double click the image,we see attributes like the height, width, alt text etc which we can edit. However if we search the same image in DAM admin area and double click the image in the result, we don't see those attributes.

is this a feature within AEM as we would like someone from client author side to search for image and then edit those attributes

I looked at the calls at the backend and seems for the first one , we have

{"xtype":"asseteditor","sling:resourceType":"cq/ui/components/widget","jcr:title":"Image Asset Editor","scene7":true,"scene7Type":"image","jcr:primaryType":"cq:Widget"}

and for the image which gets searched and shows less attribute it has

{"xtype":"asseteditor","sling:resourceType":"cq/ui/components/widget","jcr:title":"Default Asset Editor","jcr:primaryType":"cq:Widget"}

Please let me know

Thanks,

Nitin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nitin,

Using search renders with default asset editor setup where as navigating with double clicking of asset uses specialized metadata items per asset type.   Please file a official enhancement support ticket for search to use specialized asset editor.

Thanks,
Sham
Tweet: @adobe_sham

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nitin,

Using search renders with default asset editor setup where as navigating with double clicking of asset uses specialized metadata items per asset type.   Please file a official enhancement support ticket for search to use specialized asset editor.

Thanks,
Sham
Tweet: @adobe_sham

Level 2

Thanks a lot Sham for your response and this really helps. 

I looked into more and found that I am not able to get the mime when I click from the dam admin search result area

var mime = record ? record.get("mime") : 

hence the default asset editor opens

if (suffix != "") suffix = "/" + suffix + ".json";
            var json = CQ.HTTP.eval("/libs/dam/content/asseteditors/asseteditor.overlay.infinity.json" + suffix);
            if (!json.formItems) {
                json.formItems = CQ.HTTP.eval("/libs/dam/content/asseteditors/formitems.overlay.infinity.json" + suffix);
            }

So the enhancement that your are mentioning will it start returning me the mime type? or can you please tell me what enhancement would be done. Also would it work that if we copy the formitems from the advacne editor to the basic one so that when they search, they see those additional attributes and make changes. Reference http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/dam/metadata_for_digitalassetmanagement.html

In this way, can we bypass the enhancement?

Looking forward for your response and recommendation

Thanks,

Nitin 

Level 10

Hi Nitin,

IMO it should be part of product & hence requested for daycare to trackdown.   Looks like you are interested to implement at project level For that use as temporary workaround as [1] instead of record.get("mime") 

OR

implement servlet with highest ranking for selector "assetsearch" & return mime type.

[1]   record.json["jcr:content"].metadata["dc:format"]

Thanks,

Sham

Level 2

Thanks Sham for your response. The code snippet that I pasted was from /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/DamAdmin.Actions.js, which is a part of AEM. So was wondering why the mime was not returned from the search result

Thanks,

Nitin

Level 10

NBertie wrote...

Thanks Sham for your response. The code snippet that I pasted was from /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/DamAdmin.Actions.js, which is a part of AEM. So was wondering why the mime was not returned from the search result

Thanks,

Nitin

Was aware it is part of aem & not returned mime type is right location. That is why asked to file a daycare.