Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile page and clustering

Level 6

Dear experts, 

I'm looking for one solution of

Q1) how would I design the new cms platform so that globally distributed editors and global customer can deploy in central data center. My initial understand is as follows - 

This can be done by clustering. 

User
                 |
              Server & Dispatcher
                 |
               Load balancing    
                 |
            Publish1  Publish2 Publish3 ....
                 |
                 Replication
                 |
             Author1  Author2 Author3....

Shared external databse can be configured by modifying repository.xml
<DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore">

<param name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://host:port/crx1"/>
      <param name="user" value="crx"/>
      <param name="password" value="password"/>

Could you please let me know I'm on the right direction and what else needs to be done.

Q2) Approach on how to develop solution that could deliver the content on web and on the mobile?

For this I wanted to create a single page which serve both the web and mobile. I found this page but it does not provide details to serve both the purpose. Could you please share some details?

Many thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Q1)  This is big topic & Depends on various factor like how many authors, statics of edit, size of contents,   wheather all authors editing same content structure geographically, Remember Clustering author will not improve write performance it is for high availability.   Generally single author should be sufficient with proper planning & you might need to consider using dispatcher to Cache as much you can.  Avoid using database to have additional layer of failure instead using tar files should be sufficient.

Q2)   Did you go through & look at our sample app http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/mobile/responsive.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Q1)  This is big topic & Depends on various factor like how many authors, statics of edit, size of contents,   wheather all authors editing same content structure geographically, Remember Clustering author will not improve write performance it is for high availability.   Generally single author should be sufficient with proper planning & you might need to consider using dispatcher to Cache as much you can.  Avoid using database to have additional layer of failure instead using tar files should be sufficient.

Q2)   Did you go through & look at our sample app http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/mobile/responsive.html

Level 6

Thanks Sham for your help! For example we have 1000 authors around the world and content size is around 1 MB file which they can upload or can modify existing content. As Clustering improves only high availability then how write performance can be improved? If I use tar instead of database then will it improve write performance? and how it can be possible to maintain a central data center?

Thanks for your help again! 

Level 10

Without knowing more info on your app, usage etc.. i can;t suggest something more general.  
Tar PM is append only definitely faster than RDBMS persistance manager since it is file-system based PLUS each change results in only one write operation.