Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Missing dependencies on Adobe Nexus.

Level 1

Our build jobs are unhappy that some dependencies have gone missing from Adobe Nexus.

Do we need to update some dependencies? We find it strange that artifacts can disappear from Nexus.

Included maven dependency report

Included maven dependency:tree

✘ kresten@localhost  ~  cat deps| grep unable -i
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.cq.social:cq-social-journal:pom:1.0.22 from repository.
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.pdf:pdfcore:pom:3.0.526742 from repository.
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.pdf:pdfencryption_high:pom:3.0.526742 from repository.
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.pdf:pdfservices_extraction:pom:3.0.526742 from repository.
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.pdf:pdfservices_manipulation:pom:3.0.526742 from repository.
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.suitetech:com.adobe.suitetech.nativecomm:pom:2.0.8 from repository.
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project for com.adobe.xmp.worker:files.host:pom:1.0.2 from repository.

We are using Adobe AEM 5.6.1, and the transitive dependencies includes the above mentioned.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you are using AEM6, you can use this "uber" dependency.

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>

<artifactId>aem-api</artifactId>

<version>6.0.0.1</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

This will contain all from the AEM-api.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

These are just warnings not an errors, your project builded successfully. It should work. Do you see any issue when you open your application. Please try out.

Level 1

It works, since we are not actually using those dependencies (they are transitive, some Adobe packages might use them).

They do however generate a lot of noise, and stacktraces in our build. Like the following:

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to find com.adobe.xmp.worker:files.host:pom:1.0.2 in Adobe Nexus, was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of Adobe Nexus has elapsed or updates are forced
    at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:232)
    at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:206)
    at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.gatherDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:599)
    at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:518)
    at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:436)
    ... 53 more

I am neither fond of warnings nor stacktraces in my build output.

More generally artifacts should not be removed from Nexus, and I expect to have the above mentioned added to Nexus again or that Adobe releases an Artifact without those dependencies.

Correct answer by
Employee

If you are using AEM6, you can use this "uber" dependency.

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>

<artifactId>aem-api</artifactId>

<version>6.0.0.1</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

This will contain all from the AEM-api.

Level 1

We are using CQ 5.6.1.

We will upgrade to AEM 6 in a few months.