Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Migration from version 6.1 to 6.5

Level 2

Hi All,

I am working on a migration project from 6.1 to 6.5. My requirement is to migrate static template to editable template and all the corresponding pages should be in accordance with that. I have converted all the classic ui dialogs to touch ui dialogs. Do i also need to create templates and pages from the scratch too.

Tried AEM modernization tool, good for converting dialog and but dint helped with page conversion.

Thanks,

Ankita

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ankita_Aggarwal great that you have converted the components(I'm assuming that you've converted the components from using coral2 to coral3) but that's not the area of concern here.

You need to convert the static templates to the editable ones(by carefully creating the new structure which we're supposed to have in order to use the dynamic/editable templates). This step is going to take time and need your utmost attention because when we use static templates, we use /etc/designs to store the component policy but when we use dynamic templates, we use different approach to store that piece of information(in the form of component policy). You need to take care of editable template initial, structure and whatnot.

Once you're done with changing(from static to dynamic) and migrating(from /apps/yourProject/templates to /conf/yourProject/..) the templates, you need to focus on content relocation.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Bilal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ankita_Aggarwal great that you have converted the components(I'm assuming that you've converted the components from using coral2 to coral3) but that's not the area of concern here.

You need to convert the static templates to the editable ones(by carefully creating the new structure which we're supposed to have in order to use the dynamic/editable templates). This step is going to take time and need your utmost attention because when we use static templates, we use /etc/designs to store the component policy but when we use dynamic templates, we use different approach to store that piece of information(in the form of component policy). You need to take care of editable template initial, structure and whatnot.

Once you're done with changing(from static to dynamic) and migrating(from /apps/yourProject/templates to /conf/yourProject/..) the templates, you need to focus on content relocation.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Bilal.

Level 2
is there any way to convert pages instead of creating new from scratch

Community Advisor
Hi @Ankita_Aggarwal, you actually don't need to create pages from scratch. Once your editable templates are in the right place, you'll need to 're-organize' the content. Not recreate.