Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Migrate Content from AMS to AEMaaCS

Community Advisor

Is it possible to migrate content from one org to another using CTT?

For example, we have OrgA with an AMS setup and OrgB with an AEMaaCS setup. A user has access to both Cloud Manager instances. Can content be ingested using Ingestion Jobs from OrgA into OrgB?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

The Content Transfer Tool doesn't require (or care) that your source and destination are in the same org, as that's not at all how they authenticate.   A primary use case for the CTT (and how I've used it in almost every case) is to transfer from an on-prem 6.5 environment to AEM as a Cloud Service, and in such case the source environment is not in any Adobe-managed org at all.  In fact, the last time I used this was done on a copy of a 6.5 Author that I had hosted on a computer under my desk.  

So, the answer to your question is yes - you absolutely can migrate content from two separate orgs. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

The Content Transfer Tool doesn't require (or care) that your source and destination are in the same org, as that's not at all how they authenticate.   A primary use case for the CTT (and how I've used it in almost every case) is to transfer from an on-prem 6.5 environment to AEM as a Cloud Service, and in such case the source environment is not in any Adobe-managed org at all.  In fact, the last time I used this was done on a copy of a 6.5 Author that I had hosted on a computer under my desk.  

So, the answer to your question is yes - you absolutely can migrate content from two separate orgs. 

Community Advisor

Thanks @Tad_Reeves. I successfully migrated content from AMS to AEMaaCS.

However, I encountered an issue during ingestion jobs where no environments were available in the destination dropdown. I later discovered that migration sets need to be created on AEMaaCS, not AMS.