Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Menu Component Using Taxonomy

Level 2

Hi,

Am going to create a menu component from taxonomy. Is this acceptable approach.

My idea is creating taxonomy in hierarchical structure  and reading  node (tag) structure under "etc/tags/mytags" in my program. Then i will create menu structure from these nodes. Then i will list the page according to the taxonomy. Is this right way. What may the problems come if i implement this.

Thanks in advance.

Mohamedh Nishadh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Usually, Menu is created from the site structure but it depends on the requirement. There should not be a problem if you want to create a menu based on the taxonomy if that is the requirement.

It would be great if you can share your usecase of why you need to use the taxonomy would be helpful for us to give the inputs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Usually, Menu is created from the site structure but it depends on the requirement. There should not be a problem if you want to create a menu based on the taxonomy if that is the requirement.

It would be great if you can share your usecase of why you need to use the taxonomy would be helpful for us to give the inputs.

Level 2

My use case is i need to have same pages under different menus without duplicating the pages. So that i will map the multiple taxonomy for single page and under menus i will get the pages as per the taxonomy.

Level 10

As Lokesh stated - menus are typically built from the node structure of the site - as discussed here:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/the-basics/website.html#Creating the Top Navigation Component

I am not sure that your approcah is AEM best practice and Adobe recommends building menus as shown in the above link. Your approach may or may not work. I do not know of any community articles or docs that show that approach -- as it's not best practice.