Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Maximum versions in AEM

Level 2

Could you please tel me maximum versions maintained by AEM ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This configuration of max 5 version and max age 30 related to to version purge i.e deleting versions which are not in use. Only if you run or  schedule a maintenance task to purge versions this would come into play.

There is no finite limit on how many versions you can create in the system.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

I do not understand your question - can you please provide more details on what you are trying to do.

Employee

By default, if you don't run the version purge there isn't a  finite limit to the no. of versions of pages/assets  to be retained but that might affect  overall system performance

Once you run the version purge, it then picks up from the config and by default it would 5 versions that are 30 days old.

Level 2

HI,

I am running version purging. i have configure the version manager with maximum version of 5 and maximum age as 30.

however, i want to know how many versions can AEM system able to create. i have seen few pages has more than 30 versions.

is there any possible that user can create more than 200 versions ?

Correct answer by
Employee

This configuration of max 5 version and max age 30 related to to version purge i.e deleting versions which are not in use. Only if you run or  schedule a maintenance task to purge versions this would come into play.

There is no finite limit on how many versions you can create in the system.

Administrator

Hey,

versionmanager.maxAgeDays -> default: 30, on purge, any version older than this value will be removed. If this value is less than 1, purging is not performed based on the age of the version

versionmanager.maxNumberVersions ->default 5, on purge, any version older than the n-th newest version will be removed. If this value is less than 1, purging is not performed based on the number of versions

Documentation source:- Version Purging

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thank you all for the response,

i have configured maxAgeDays = 365 and maxNumberVersions = 200,( as per my client requirement) and its working as expected,

thank you again for your kind help 

Level 2

HI,

the behavior of version purging task is performing only if you create a new version.

if there was  5 versions available in the system out of 5 .

4 versions with 30 days old.and max version is 2

and i want to remove the version which are 30 days old.

this case version purging is running only when the new version is created.

please advise how to do this purging task automatically without creating a new version ?