Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Maven build error with archtype 32

Level 7

Hi All,

I recently start a project with archetype 32. After creating it, I tried to build it using maven as:

mvn clean install, I got following error:

[INFO] WARNING in ./src/main/webpack/site/main.ts

[INFO] Module Warning (from ./node_modules/glob-import-loader/index.js):

[INFO] (Emitted value instead of an instance of Error) Empty results for "import "./**/*.ts""

[INFO] NonErrorEmittedError: (Emitted value instead of an instance of Error) Empty results for "import "./**/*.ts""

[INFO]     at Object.emitWarning (/Users/kev/workspace/aem/mysite-aem/ui.frontend/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:160:16)

[INFO]     at replaceAsync (/Users/kev/workspace/aem/mysite-aem/ui.frontend/node_modules/glob-import-loader/index.js:119:16)

[INFO]     at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)

[INFO

[INFO] ERROR in /Users/kev/workspace/aem/mysite-aem/ui.frontend/node_modules/@types/node/ts4.8/util.d.ts

[INFO] [tsl] ERROR in /Users/kev/workspace/aem/mysite-aem/ui.frontend/node_modules/@types/node/ts4.8/util.d.ts(1485,42)

[INFO]       TS1005: ',' expected.

[INFO

[INFO] ERROR in /Users/kev/workspace/aem/mysite-aem/ui.frontend/node_modules/@types/node/ts4.8/util.d.ts

[INFO] [tsl] ERROR in /Users/kev/workspace/aem/mysite-aem/ui.frontend/node_modules/@types/node/ts4.8/util.d.ts(1485,44)

[INFO]       TS1068: Unexpected token. A constructor, method, accessor, or property was expected.

It fails on ui.frontend module

I tried to install TypeScript 4.8 on my Mac, then ran tsc

tsc -version

Version 4.8.4

I tried to find what exactly shows in the first Error report from the file like this one "...@types/node/ts4.8/util.d.ts(1485,42)"

The content is:

export class MIMEParams {

/**

* Remove all name-value pairs whose name is `name`.

*/

delete(name: string void;

/**

* Returns an iterator over each of the name-value pairs in the parameters.

*/

entries(): IterableIterator<[name: string, value: string]>;

It's from the line "entries(): .....". 

Another project with archetype 22 is fine.

Any help will be appreciated!

-kt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @kevingtan ,

Did you try to change the typescript version in package.json (ui.frontend module)? You could also try transpileOnly: true.

Also, check this thread

https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/issues/986 

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @kevingtan ,

Did you try to change the typescript version in package.json (ui.frontend module)? You could also try transpileOnly: true.

Also, check this thread

https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/issues/986 

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 7

Hi @nitesh_kumar ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried all the options you provided, none was working.

I tried 

{
loader: 'ts-loader',
transpileOnly: true
}
in webpack.common.js

"typescript": "^4.8.2" and "typescript": "^4.8.4" in ui.frontend/package.json

They all failed at "npm install prod", which is an execution id in pom.xml under ui.frontend. Also, transpileOnly is not recognized. I am not sure if my syntax is correct or not, as shown above.

-kt

Level 7

Hi @nitesh_kumar ,

transpileOnly is working as:

{
            loader: 'ts-loader',
            options: {
              transpileOnly: true
            }
          }

Thanks for your help!

Employee Advisor

I just see that the version 40 of the archetype has been released, why do you try with that an old version?

Level 7

We are using v-22. I am just trying to increment it to see how the new versions are different from the current one and may decide to finalize it later. I am also concerned that if the issues in the lower version, say 32, will be carried in the higher versions. Therefore, I like to know the solution first before I move on in case I will have to resolve the same issue.

-kt

Employee Advisor

On the other hand side, the latest version might have fixed that problem.