Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Mass File Name Change

Level 1

Is there a solution to bulk correct file names that contain invalid characters via a csv or some other option?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@wnoblit 

As per my knowledge, there is no OOTB feature to correct file names via CSV. You can update metadata for assets via CSV, but not file name.

Changing a file name is like a move operation. File name and references need to be updated to avoid issues.

I would suggest to write your own script and perform this operation in batches or use Renovator (adobe-consulting-services.github.io)

1. Please validate all references and asset metadata, after first run. Like live copy references
  2. If using Dynamic Media, you might have to validare the DM publish/unpublish
  3. Publish/unpublish of the Asset itself, on live site.
  4. Publish/unpublish of pages/assets referencing it.
  5. Consider tuning of asset workflows while renaming. Please validate for any side-effects on turning off the workflows.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

can you please elaborate your requirement?

Community Advisor

Hi @wnoblit 

There are two options for Mass File Name change.

Option A - If there are fewer assets then I would suggest you to use " move " operation. When you are moving assets you can rename the file and the same existing file location can be selected. At the same time it will update the corresponding reference of asset in underlying pages.

Option B - If the count of assets are huge then automate this move operation using the tool Renovator. Its a open source ACS tool refer here https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/renovator/index.html .Using this tool you can rename content in bulk and also update the underlying page reference.

Hope this helps!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@wnoblit 

As per my knowledge, there is no OOTB feature to correct file names via CSV. You can update metadata for assets via CSV, but not file name.

Changing a file name is like a move operation. File name and references need to be updated to avoid issues.

I would suggest to write your own script and perform this operation in batches or use Renovator (adobe-consulting-services.github.io)

1. Please validate all references and asset metadata, after first run. Like live copy references
  2. If using Dynamic Media, you might have to validare the DM publish/unpublish
  3. Publish/unpublish of the Asset itself, on live site.
  4. Publish/unpublish of pages/assets referencing it.
  5. Consider tuning of asset workflows while renaming. Please validate for any side-effects on turning off the workflows.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@wnoblit  Bulk rename can work by a Move operation with in the system. Renovator is the tool that we can use 

Refer to below URL

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/renovator/index.html

Just adding one more suggestion best practise to "Adhere to naming conventions in the JCR"

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/bestpractices/content-archi...