Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Managing multiple assets metadata unselected not updated

Level 5

Hello

I was reading the documentation about managing bulk assets metadata: Managing Multiple Assets and Collections. The documentation states the following: " The asset list has all the assets selected by default. The metadata for assets that you remove from the list is not updated."

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.09.02.png

This means that in my case that for example tag updates are only saved for "cat.jpeg" and "dog.jpg". Here is my use-case:

1. Marketing uploads several assets
  2. They go into the bulk metadata edit mode > all assets are selected by default (see documentation)
  3. They assign new tags that apply to ALL of the images
  4. They deselect "horse.jpg"
  5. They assign new tags that apply to ONLY "cat.jpeg" and "dog.jpg"
  6. They click save and expect the tags for "horse.jpg" to have been persisted.

Obviously as stated in the documentation it has only updated the metadata for "cat.jpeg" and "dog.jpg". Is there a way to make this work?

I was also looking into the "Save & Close" button in the top right corner, but when I click on the arrow > save, it also redirects me back into the assets overview...

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.11.00.png

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Jeroen,

Current behaviour is if the asset is deselected in the bulk metadata editor then the changes are not applied to it, even though they may have been previously added but not saved. There isn't a way to choose what happens, so user education would be the preferred option.

I believe what you are saying is, you want to apply metadata or tags to 3 assets, then deselect one, apply metadata to 2 remaining, then submit it all together?

This would be a enhancement request, which you could log through a Customer Care ticket.

You'd have to customise the metadata editor yourself to add this ability.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

I have asked expert to have a look at this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Jeroen,

Current behaviour is if the asset is deselected in the bulk metadata editor then the changes are not applied to it, even though they may have been previously added but not saved. There isn't a way to choose what happens, so user education would be the preferred option.

I believe what you are saying is, you want to apply metadata or tags to 3 assets, then deselect one, apply metadata to 2 remaining, then submit it all together?

This would be a enhancement request, which you could log through a Customer Care ticket.

You'd have to customise the metadata editor yourself to add this ability.

Mark

Level 5

I rewrote some parts of the metadata editor jsp's. The save button under 'Save & Close' now saves my configuration but does not redirect my page, seems the most logical to me.